Ron Loge Medical Scholarship
The Ron Loge Medical Scholarship was established by Ron Loge, M.D. to provide tuition assistance to a Beaverhead County High School, Sheridan High School, Twin Bridges High School, or Beaverhead County and Ruby Valley home-schooled graduate who has been accepted or is attending an accredited Medical School in the United States.
The applicant must be a graduate of a Beaverhead County High School (Dillon or Lima) or a graduate of Sheridan High School, Twin Bridges High School, or a home-schooling program in Beaverhead County or the Ruby Valley.
Applicant must be attending an accredited United States Medical School or accepted into an accredited United States Medical School
Funds must be applied toward tuition at an accredited United States Medical School
Applicant must show financial need
Applicant must have career goals in a field relating to rural health care (i.e. General Surgery, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, etc.) Candidate preference shall be weighted toward students who intend to pursue a primary doctoral practice and not a specialty, locally in Beaverhead and Western Madison Counties.
Barrett Hospital Foundation does not grant scholarships for the following purposes or activities:
- Mileage reimbursement
The Medical Scholarship Fund is limited to offsetting tuition costs at an accredited United States University.
Scholarship amount is dependent on available funds
Scholarships will be awarded by the end of August 2020
Application deadline date is July 1, 2020
Notifications will be made on July 22, 2020
Grant renewable up to 4 years dependent upon student’s good standing
Award will be applied to Medical School Student Account referenced within 90 days.
In addition to completed application, include the following:
- Cover letter stating why you should be granted the Medical Scholarship
- Personal statement of interests, career goals, and reasons for attending Medical School
- Résumé or statement of qualifications (be sure to include all work history and travel history since high school, and all community activities and achievements, including volunteer work since high school)
- Reason for financial need
- Transcripts from most recent college degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance or enrollment verification in an accredited Medical School